| Do you think she found the chicken leg on the tray? |
Our last photo at Sager Brown shows the kitchen crew cleaning up after lunch. Margie wasn't quite finished eating and maybe Max wanted another bite. One can never be sure.
Word was received yesterday from Margie that she had indeed landed safely in Costa Rica and had hit the ground running. Read her words...
My dear, dear friends! Yes, I'm safe and sound here in the dorm room in "Yolanda", the student dorm of UBL...trip down was lovely, uneventful, FUN! I'm settling in to my little new "home away from home"--and had a lovely dinner invitation in the apt of my last year's roomie Lois in the apt she and her husband have together this year. I also have a welcoming invitation for lunch tomorrow noontime with a friend here, so I am feeling warmly received. I'll begin my first day in the library at 8 a.m. tomorrow! Our time on the clock is the same as YOURS in Valpo!
From time to time we will bring updates on our "Individual Volunteer" who is serving in the library of the Latin American Bible University. And yes, we smile as she is serving in the library. She has practiced the code of silence every night in preparation for her service there. Have fun friend. Such joy in service is so evident in all that you do.
No comments:
Post a Comment