Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Rebecca Rusnak, starting a new chapter

Rebecca Rusnak, our missionary from Valparaiso with the Strong Missions ministry in Costa Rica is moving on.  Right now she is recovering from surgery and discerning her next chapter of her life.  Read her words about her transition and keep her in your prayers for the coming months and year.   For the full note... follow this link.    
One, two, three, and three, and, two and three, and okay, and JUMP!
Well, it has been 2 weeks. 2 weeks since I no longer work for Strong Missions. 2 weeks that I have been trying to think of how to write my “goodbye”. 2 weeks of decompressing and I still can’t believe that after 4 years of full-time work, I now am “jobless”. The mission was my life. Serving the groups was my life. Serving the community was my life. The relationships I built with the staff, community members and locals is my life. I can’t even begin to summarize what the mission has meant to me- how it has made me grow as a person and grow closer to God. I’m speechless and for those who know me... crying, tears of sadness and tears of great joy, so very emotional.
And now? Sitting here, waiting patiently, praying, discerning, listening, thinking, and mediating what God’s purpose in my life is. Thousands of ideas have been running through my head of where to go and what to do next. They were there since before I announced I was leaving. I have learned so much from my experience with Strong Missions and need time to process it before I move on to start my own mission in Costa Rica, God willing... a HUGE leap of faith, but I’m ready. It’s not about what the future holds, but who holds the future, and giving complete control over to Him, and He will guide you down beautiful paths. 
Again, I could go on with my “goodbye”, but this is not a goodbye, but rather an “until we meet again”. Please stay in touch: freiburgerose@hotmail.com. (I’ll meet you at the beach... jaja)
Rebecca and Erick 
 
For those of you that don’t know, God willing, I will be getting married in the Evangelical Methodist Church in Carrillos on Jan. 17th, 2015. My fiance, Erick, and I will be moving to San Jose and starting a mini-mission close-by... we definitely will be helping feed children somewhere in or around San Jose as that that has always been on my heart. Please know that each and every one of you helped mold me and I am forever indebted. Please continue to hold us in your prayers.
God’s love and blessings to all of you and a big HUG from me!   Rebecca Rusnak 

No comments:

Post a Comment