Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cheerleading in San Jose....

Main building on campus of UBL which houses rhe library
Working in the library is Margie's "job" as an Individual Volunteer from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. As expected in and around the filing and moving books from shelf to shelf and all that goes with library work, she loves the times she chats with the professors and students.   As Volunteer in Mission teams  (VIM) come and go, she interacts with them as well. She describes what that means perfectly.   Margie writes:
      "Also I have taken it upon myself to become the "cheerleader" for each group of Volunteers in Mission coming to UBL from the USA for construction work on the new student housing. I want to at least meet the missioners and give them daily encouragement, so I just go over to the worksite right next to the UBL and give them a "GOOOOO TEAM!!!"  Yay, team!!!  GO FIGHT WIN!!! We all have some good humor and laughs out of this, and I also get to encourage the 4-5 Nicaraguan laborers who are hired by UBL to manage the day-to-day construction progress. Fun for me, to be sure!!"          

No comments:

Post a Comment