Thursday, February 23, 2012

Margie's Over the Top Day

Let me introduce ... Lloyd and Margie Miller with little Sarah Lou, newly commissioned missionaries in the Methodist Church.  They will serve for 3 years in Chile following one year of Spanish language training.  (I just happened to have this photo in the wherever of my computer and it was the official photo used for Methodist Mission Board when they left for Costa Rica for their language training.) 
Read her edited but approved words.
.
Dearest Bonnie--Can you believe that I had yet another marvelous adventure today???? I was invited by one of the UBL professors to go with her to visit the Spanish Language Institute where Lloyd and I studied Spanish way back  in 1967!!   That place and those people and experiences were VERY important and special to us, as that was the first time we ever lived outside of USA, and our launching into missionary service.  We were filled to overflowing way back then, and so was I today again in revisiting this important school.
     I was invited to share in three of the classes a brief statement of encouragement and testimony to these new and young students who, like we were, are just starting out in their study of Spanish and their life here in Latin America as missionaries. 
Over the years I've kept in touch with 4 of the classmates so have asked them to also share the importance of this Insititue in their life to assist with the school's promotional project.  (Could this be why Margie needs to send nearly 800 Christmas cards?)  I've already heard from one of them. 
     Did I mention that they gave me the copies of both Lloyd's and my transcripts from our year of studies? I never KNEW our grades, but can you believe that Lloyd and I had practically the same grades thru-out--definitely only B+ students we were, but Lloyd was chosen the outstanding student from our class and gave the farewell address at the graduation! I did marry a pretty exceptional man....yes! I know that!!! Ha!! On the backs of the official transcripts were tiny little pix of Lloyd and of me when we were a mere 26 and 28 years old.
   How could I EVER have known before coming back to Costa Rica that this most special and emotional day of return to our Spanish Language Institute days would bless me even now? God is good! All the time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment