Margie writes:
I was given a "break" from the library work since I was needed in another area of the school--sewing on the beautiful quilts that have been partially made and which we need to finish now to give to each of the students here in the dorm. Nighttimes get to be a bit chilly in the altitude of the capital San Jose, and our student each recieve a hand made quilt donated by many folks both here and in the USA. The students do NOT get to take them home with them--actually they do not WANT to, as they must leave to return to their native countries here in Latin America and could not easily carry a big quilt with them--so they become a warm snuggle while they are finishing up their studies here at UBL. So...It was fun for me to work all day today at the sewing machine!!
Tomorrow I'll return there for the afternoon, as I'm invited to have breakfast early with Janet and Roy Mays, retired UM missionaries who were serving at UBL until just a few months ago. Then I'll get to go tomorrow to visit the Language Institute where Lloyd and I studied some 45 years ago. It has moved to a new location, and the new director would like to interview me tomorrow--part of the "ancient history" of that school!!!!
I was given a "break" from the library work since I was needed in another area of the school--sewing on the beautiful quilts that have been partially made and which we need to finish now to give to each of the students here in the dorm. Nighttimes get to be a bit chilly in the altitude of the capital San Jose, and our student each recieve a hand made quilt donated by many folks both here and in the USA. The students do NOT get to take them home with them--actually they do not WANT to, as they must leave to return to their native countries here in Latin America and could not easily carry a big quilt with them--so they become a warm snuggle while they are finishing up their studies here at UBL. So...It was fun for me to work all day today at the sewing machine!!
Tomorrow I'll return there for the afternoon, as I'm invited to have breakfast early with Janet and Roy Mays, retired UM missionaries who were serving at UBL until just a few months ago. Then I'll get to go tomorrow to visit the Language Institute where Lloyd and I studied some 45 years ago. It has moved to a new location, and the new director would like to interview me tomorrow--part of the "ancient history" of that school!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment