Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Oh where oh where has that Margie gone?

Do you think she would be on a zipline?   HUMM

Margie writes: 
"This past weekend the three volunteer girlfriends, Lois, Judy, and Margie, had a wonderful get-away Sat/Sun going by bus to the Pacific Ocean beaches of Manuel Antonio, with the National Park there, as well. The exquisite blue/green colors of the ocean waters, the warm, warm waters of the Pacific, the sunny breezes, the beauty of the lush forests, and the tropical birds and other animals in their natural habitats made it all truly unforgettable to me--God's amazing creation--WOW!!
Or maybe she was surfing the waves?

  Now this weeke the work in the library has been somewhat less, giving me the opportunity to visit some of the seminary classes--IMPRESSIVE!  The professors are top-notch and the students hard-working, bright, and participatory.  I am welcome to visit any and all classes that I might choose, so I'm doing just that when library work is light.
  Today (Wed 11:30 a.m.) was the weekly chapel service, and I was grateful to be asked to read one of the Scripture lessons.  Chapel services have been very meaningful to me. 
  This coming weekend I will be happy to attend the birthday party for a 95 year old mother of a dear, long-term friend who lives in Alajuela, north of San Jose. So, you can see that I am daily blessed many times over again.

  PS Just to let you know that my dearest daughter Rachel Lynne Oppman will be having emergency back surgery tomorrow (March 8) in South Bend.  Now is the ONLY time since I arrived here in CR that I really WISH I were close to home and could be there with my Rachel Lynne.  I will skype her and Bob tomorrow to check out how the surgery goes and what her recovery time will be.  Actually, RL has been having increasing back pain for the past several months, but just this week something drastic changed in the back and the pain was unbearable, so...in she goes tomorrow a.m. for surgery. Love to all,  Margie"

No comments:

Post a Comment